Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Photo by: RoxanasHomeBaking.com
Softer is always better!
- 8 oz (226 grams) semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 (84 grams) tablespoons butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (30-40 grams) chopped nuts
- 4 oz (113 grams) chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup (160-170 grams) chocolate chips or chunks
- In a heatproof bowl, melt 8 ounces of chocolate and butter in the microwave or a double boiler. If you choose to use the microwave, take the bowl out every 30 seconds and give it a gentle stir. Doing so, there are less chances you’ll burn the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a mixing bowl, beat together 2 eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and creamy, for about 5 minutes at medium speed. The mixture thickens up and become slightly frothy.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and gently stir in the flour and baking powder.
- With a spatula, fold in the chopped nuts and 4 ounces of chocolate chips or chunks.
- Place the mixing bowl in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once the cookie dough is somewhat harden, using a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on a baking wheel lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the scooped cookie dough for at least 2 hours before baking.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Just before baking dot the cookies with the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and chunks. Alternately, you can do this step once the cookies are baked.
- Bake the cookies for exactly 16 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet for the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
submitted by RoxanasHomeBaking.com - more/full details and original recipe here!
Homemade syrup - butter and brown sugar is really all you need, the rest is for your taste buds :)