This Copyright Policy covers this website (the “Website”) and websites of MyFridgeFood Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “MyFridgeFood Inc.”). All media on this Website is either: licensed by MyFridgeFood Inc., submitted to Website by users, readily available and believed to be in the public domain, or used in “fair use” under the U.S. Copyright Act. MyFridgeFood Inc respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
It is MyFridgeFood's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you are a copyright owner of a photograph or other material that appears on this Website, that you claim violates your copyright, please notify us as provided below. If you are unsure whether the content you are reporting is infringing your legal rights, you may wish to seek legal guidance. Keep in mind that submitting intentionally misleading reports of infringement may be punishable under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”) in the United States or similar laws in other countries.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
MyFridgeFood is an Online Service Provider under the DMCA. MyFridgeFood respects the legitimate rights of copyright owners and has adopted an efficient notice and takedown procedure as required by the DMCA and described herein. This policy is intended to guide copyright owners in utilizing that procedure, and also to guide users and webmasters in restoring access to websites or content that is disabled due to a mistake.
Notice to Owners of Copyrighted Works.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Website by completing the following DMCA notice (“Notice”) and delivering it to Website’s Designated Copyright Agent.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement.
As a copyright owner, to provide MyFrdigeFood with a proper Notice of claimed of your copyright, your notice must be in English and must substantially contain the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- An identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
- An identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled. This identification should include information reasonably sufficient to permit MyFrdigeFood to locate the material, such as any URLs identifying the allegedly infringing material along with any other information that might assist MyFrdigeFood’s Designated Copyright Agent in investigating your claim.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit MyFrdigeFood to contact the complaining party, such as your address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you, your agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you, are the owner of the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing the DMCA Notification. If you materially misrepresent that any material infringes your copyright interest, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Material Originating From Another Website
If the allegedly infringing material originates from another website and you believe that this Website has cached that material, then confirm any of the following that apply:
- The material has been removed from the originating site or access to the material on the originating site has been disabled;
- A court has ordered that the material be removed from the originating site; and/or
- A court has ordered that access to the material on the originating site be disabled.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing the DMCA Notification. If you materially misrepresent that any material infringes your copyright interest, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Delivery of the Notice
Deliver all takedown Notices to MyFrdigeFood’s Designated Copyright Agent by Mail or by Email as follows: BY EMAIL TO: Nick (AT) MyFridgeFood.com
Upon receipt of a valid Notice, MyFrdigeFood will process the claim, which may result in removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material, subject to the user’s or webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-Notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works. In appropriate circumstances, MyFrdigeFood will have the disputed material removed from public view, and will also notify the user or webmaster who posted the allegedly infringing material, which notification may include a complete copy of the Notice submitted regarding that material.
If you receive notice that material that you submitted has been removed by MyFrdigeFood pursuant to a Notice, and you believe that removal was in error or not pursuant to a valid copyright claim, you may seek to have the material replaced by submitting a Counter-Notice to MyFrdigeFood.
Counter-Notifications must be submitted by the original uploader or an agent authorized to act on their behalf, such as an attorney. After MyFrdigeFood receives your Counter-Notification, it will forward the Counter-Notification to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when MyFrdigeFood forwards the notice, it will include your personal information. By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. MyFrdigeFood will not forward the counter notification to any party other than the original claimant.
To be effective, Counter-Notices must contain substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which MyFrdigeFood may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MyFridgeFood may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8/01/2013
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated infromation (not including your name, address, emal address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.