Sweet Breakfast Potatoes
Photo by: VodkaandBiscuits.com
Throw a fried egg on this... mmmm....
- 3 medium potatoes - skin on (Golden or Red work too)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. maple syrup
- parsley and green onions for garnish
- Before you do anything, freeze your bacon slices that way when you're ready to prep, it'll be so much easier to chop!
- Wash the potatoes and cut medium dice into square pieces. To prevent any browning, place cut potatoes in a bowl filled with water.
- In the meantime, heat 1 T. of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drain the potatoes and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper as needed
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the potatoes often, until brown.
- Chop up the bacon and add to the potatoes. The bacon will start to render and the fat will begin to further cook the potatoes. Toss it up a bit!
- Once the bacon is cooked, add the minced garlic and toss. Season once more. Add dried or fresh parsley. Control heat as needed.
- Let the garlic cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Just before serving, drizzle over the maple syrup and toss. Let that cook another minute, giving the potatoes are caramelized effect.
submitted by VodkaAndBiscuits.com - more details and original recipe here!