Awesome Breakfast Potatoes
This is the base of every breakfast :)
- 3 medium golden potatoes - skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- parsley for garnish
- Old Bay (if desired)
- Before you do anything, freeze your bacon slices that way when you're ready to prep, it'll be so much easier to chop!
- Wash the potatoes and cut medium dice into square pieces. To prevent any browning, place the already cut potatoes in a bowl filled with water.
- In the meantime, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt the skillet so the oil spreads evenly.
- Once the oil is hot, drain the potatoes and add to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and Old Bay as needed.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the potatoes often, until brown. If needed, add a tablespoon more of oil.
- Chop up the bacon and add to the potatoes. The bacon will start to render and the fat will begin to further cook the potatoes. Toss it up a bit! The bacon will take 5-6 minutes to crisp.
- Once the bacon is cooked, reduce the heat to medium-low, add the minced garlic and toss. Season once more. Add dried or fresh parsley. Control heat as needed.
- Let the garlic cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Just before serving, drizzle over the maple syrup and toss. Let that cook another minute, giving the potatoes a caramelized effect.