Avocado Stuffed Burgers
Photo by: TheHealthyFoodie.com
These come together really nice!
- 2lb ground beef
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 ripe avocado, sliced crosswise
Special Sauce recipe here! - But you can just as easily use regular Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, etc...
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the avocado, to a fairly large mixing bowl and knead by hand until well combined. Form into 12 thin, equal patties, of approximately 90g (3oz) each.
- Slice the avocados in half crosswise, remove the pit and then slice each half into 3 equal slices; keep the 2 larger slices to stuff the burgers
- To build the burgers, place one avocado slice on six of the patties, then drop a spoonful of the Sauce right in the center of the avocado slices. Cover with a second meat patty, then carefully pick this up in your hands and pinch the edges with your fingers to make sure your patties are nicely sealed. Finish forming the patties with your hands so they become beautiful and nice and round.
- Brush the patties with a little oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on desired level of doneness.
adapted recipe submitted by TheHealthyFoodie.com - more details and original recipe here!