Wild Mushroom Soup
Vegan and Delicious!
30g dried wild mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
200g fresh Swiss brown mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice), sliced
1 sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tbsp good tomato paste (organic)
0,5 litre wild mushroom soaking liquid (or less for a milder taste)
1 litre vegetable stock ( or less/more depending how thin/thick you want it)
big handful of fresh parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Soak the dried wild mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain the mushrooms, but keep the liquid. Chop the mushrooms coarsely and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add brown onion and garlic and sautÃƒÂ© for a few minutes.
3. Add all the mushrooms, along with the rosemary and thyme and sautÃƒÂ© for a further 5 or so minutes. Add some of the soaking liquid in as well.
4. Add the tomato paste, vegetable stock and more soaking liquid if you wish. Cover, then let simmer for a good 30 minutes.
5. Lastly, season the soup with freshly ground black pepper and throw in a handful of fresh parsley before serving.
6. Serve with a rustic wholegrain bread.