Bang Bang Chicken
Love this...LOVE it!
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Frank’s)
1 tbsp Frank’s hot sauce
2 tbsp honey
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, and buttermilk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
- In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce together and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy
- Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.
from EasyRecipes - more here!!