Baked Cabbage Rolls
Low Carb... Guilt Free!
- 12 cabbage leaves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cans (8 ounces ) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- Drop cabbage leaves into boiling salted water; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine ground beef, rice, onion, egg, and salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well and divide into 12 portions.
- Place a portion into the center of each cabbage leaf.
- Roll leaf around filling; fasten with toothpick. Place in a baking dish.
- For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake covered in a preheated 350 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove rolls and discard toothpicks. Place pan with juices over medium heat and stir cornstarch and water mixture into the sauce; bring to a boil and cook and whisk until thickened.
- Pour thickened sauce over cabbage rolls or serve on the side.
From YummynessRecipes - more here!