Best Banana Bread
It's really... really good
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk or milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cinnamon Sugar Layer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease one loaf pan
- Mix Brown Sugar and Cinnamon in a bowl and set aside
- Mix sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and bananas in a mixing bowl. Combine completely.
- Add in flour, soda, and salt, and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan, sprinkle Brown Sugar Mix on top, then top with the remaining 2/3 of batter
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts over the top of the batter slightly pressing in the walnuts.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Use a tester to check if it is cooked internally.
- Cool and remove from the pan.