Spicy Chicken and Rice
All in the Crock Pot - enjoy for DAYS!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) mild Ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, paprika, salt, cumin and chipotle pepper; mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a plate and shred using two forks. Return chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add cooked rice and beans and stir well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and cover. Let heat through about 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish sour cream, cilantro and avocado, if desired..