Bacon Wrapped French Toast
Photo by: GhettoFoodie.com
It just makes sense
1 loaf Bread
1 pack bacon
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1) BAKE your bacon on cookie sheet in the oven at 375 degrees till it is about 80% cooked.. I add a piece of tin foil to my cookie sheet to make clean up easier and it also stops the bacon from crisping up to much. You need to be able to wrap the bacon around the french toast and not have it break.
2) Make your wet mix, add your eggs, cream, vanilla and spices to a large bowl and mix well.
3) Cut your bread into thick slices, about twice the width of a normal slice of bread. Dip in the mix and cook on the skillet until it's about 80 - 90 percent done.
4) Let your bacon and french toast cool but not get cold. If the french toast gets too cold it will crack, if it’s too warm it will mush. Just so that it is warm to the touch but does not burn your fingers when you handle it.
5) This part is messy but so worth it…Cut your pieces of french toast into four finger type slices and simply roll them up, wrap them with a piece of bacon and insert a bamboo skewer.
6) Place all your wraps on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes, or until you see the bacon crisping up a little
Drizzle with some powdered sugar or maple syrup
Great way to make sure the bacon doesn't fall off your sandwich :)