Bacon Cheese Brussels
Photo by: Wendy - just a pinch
Sometimes you have to bribe the kids to eat the veggies!
- 12-15 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 c Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 2 tsp thyme, dried
- 3-5 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 slice bacon (cooked & crumbled) or as much as you like
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut Brussels sprouts length wise & bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil Brussels sprouts cut side down for about 2 minutes remove from water let them cool this will help when coring them out.
- Once cooled, core out the middle of the sprout using a pairing knife
- Once all are cored, chop up the cored out pieces of brussels sprout very tiny and saute with garlic in fry pan w/olive oil on Med high heat (if making w Bacon I add bacon pieces at this time also)
- Saute until brussel sprout is tender & bacon crisp
- In a separate bowl Mix the Parmesan, Mozzarella, Bread Crumbs, Basil, Thyme, and Pepper.
- Once all mixed, combine cooked Brussels sprout pieces, garlic (bacon) mixture to the bowl of cheese & breadcrumb mixture
- Toss and mix all well to create your stuffing. You may need to add more Panko use your judgement.
- With a spoon stuff the Brussels Sprout 1/2's w/stuffing mixture
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or so (I like them crispier so I cook a little longer) or put on broil last 2-3 minutes to crisp up the tops. (just watch carefully)
From Just a Pinch - more here!!