Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Photo by: GooodRecipes
- 6 slices bacon
- 16 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove mushroom stems.
- Set aside caps.
- Chop the stems.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1 cup Cheddar.
- Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put into the oven for a couple of seconds to melt if desired.
- To freeze: Flash freeze them before baking in the oven.
- A freezer bag would work great for storing these.
from GoodRecipes - more here!
Great way to make sure the bacon doesn't fall off your sandwich :)