WARNING... You must have self control to be around these!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a large skillet on the stove top over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are golden. Stir in drained tomatoes until well combined.
- Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan. Top with beef & sliced cheese. Finish off with the top half of the bun.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted, smooth and combined. Pour over the buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Homemade syrup - butter and brown sugar is really all you need, the rest is for your taste buds :)