Lazy Sausage and Potatoes
Photo by: CookYourFood1
Simple and delicious
- 1 package (16oz) of smoked sausage (Peel if necessary, and slice into rounds)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Bell Pepper - sliced into small pieces (optional)
- 1/2 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (or more if you want)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/
- Line a large baking tray (with sides) with foil. Use cooking spray or drizzle oil onto the pan to keep from sticking.
- Toss everything EXCEPT the cheese, into a bowl and combine well.
- Pour this out onto the baking tray, and spread it out as much as you can.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Turn off the oven. Sprinkle the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, Pop back into the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese.
from CookYourFood1 - more here!
Guilt Free Fries
"Guilt free" in that you're not frying them - Baked and crispy!