Photo by: The Iron You
Excellent presentation... not to mention... delicious!!
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or any other seasonings you like)
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 medium zucchini
Fine grain sea salt
Ground black pepper to taste
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (or any other cheese you like)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat roast the garlic, turning occasionally, until you get black spots all over, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and remove the papery skins.
In a food processor (or blender) place roasted garlic, butter, thyme, and olive oil and pulse until well blended.
- Return the garlic butter to the saucepan and heat until sizzling. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 425°F (200°C) and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thoroughly wash the zucchini and cut ends off.
- Place a wooden chopstick on either side of the zucchini and, with a sharp knife, cut across at about 1/8-inch intervals, without going all the way through the zucchini. The chopsticks will prevent this from happen, but be careful nonetheless.
- Once you've cut them all, put the zucchini onto the lined baking dish, cut side up and spoon half the garlic butter over the zucchini. Try to dab some gently in between the slices as well.
- Sprinkle each zucchini with salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the outside is nice and crispy and the inside is tender (it depends on how big the zucchini are).
- About halfway through the cooking, remove the foil and brush with the remaining seasoned butter.
- About 10 minutes before the zucchini are done cooking sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and finish the cooking.
- Transfer to a plate, spoon on top some of the cooking liquid and serve.
submitted by TheIronYou.com - much more here!!