Easy Baked Spaghetti
Photo by: KidsInTheSink
It's in the oven right now!
1- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce (homemade recipe below)
2 cups cheese, divided (use whatever you like - this recipe uses Mozzarella and Cheddar)
1 package of spaghetti noodles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, stopping a minute or two before al dente.
- Drain the noodles and mix with the spaghetti sauce and a cup of cheese.
- Place into a 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes and saute over medium-high heat until the garlic sizzles.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and salt.
from KidsInTheSink - More/Full details through here!