Easy Pan Roasted Chicken
Low Carb - And the sauce is easy too!!
- 4 Boneless, Skin-on Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Light Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and season the boneless, skin-on chicken breasts (skin side) with a generous amount of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-medium-high heat. When the pan is hot (I check by splashing in a couple drops of water, they should instantly evaporate) drizzle in the olive oil, it should instantly start shimmering.
- Working in batches of two, place the seasoned chicken breasts skin-side-down into the oil and sear, don't not touch or move for 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper before turning and continue to cook for four more minutes. Remove to a clean plate and repeat with the two remaining chicken breasts.
- Return all the breasts back to the pan and place them in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of your chicken is around 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken to a clean plate to rest, and start with the pan sauce.
- Place the pan the chicken was in onto the stove top and heat over medium high heat.
- Add in the minced shallot and cook until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cup of chicken stock and add the thyme and rosemary sprigs, bring to a simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the herbs and whisk in the tablespoon of butter. Season according to taste with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Lastly place chicken back in pan before serving, spoon sauce over top and serve any additional sauce on the side.
NOTE - Of course you can cook the chicken completely in the pan and make the sauce afterwards if you don't want to use the oven.