Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Photo by: YummyReciplease
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and the chicken and cook unit browned.
- Stir in the salt, cayenne, and Balsamic. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the core and seeds.
- Fill the peppers with the chicken mixture and lay in a baking dish.
- Add a few tablespoons water to the bottom of the dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the cover and top each bell pepper half with a half slice of provolone.
- Put back in the oven uncovered, and bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, 5-10 more minutes.
from YummyReciplease - more here!
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
Sausage and Peppers. Excellent Sandwich, can also be eaten as an appetizer or side dish... or dessert! It's just that good :)