Chicken and Potato Casserole
Photo by: Janet's Appalachian Kitchen
BBQ or Buffalo!!
- 1 lb chicken tenders or breast cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. bbq seasoning, divided (homemade recipe HERE if you need it)
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (or Buffalo if you're feelin spicy)
- 3-4 medium russet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Toss the cubed potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp bbq seasoning then transfer the potatoes into a cooking spray coated baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl mix together the chicken, bbq seasoning and bbq sauce, refrigerate.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400 F.
- Top the cooked potatoes with the bbq chicken mixture.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes, turning occasionally. In another bowl mix together the cheese, bacon & green onion and top the chicken with the cheese mix.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese mixture is melted.
from Janet's Appalachian Kitchen - Check out more here!!!