Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
Photo by: ClynnThomas - SparkPeople
- Chicken breasts (1 per serving)
- Slice/Wedge of Swiss Cheese (or creamy spread)
- Broccoli (Steamed)
- Cooking spray
- Clove of garlic (crushed/minced)
- Chicken broth
- Pound out chicken breasts. (just put each between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with back of a skillet)
- Lift off top sheet of wrap and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you'd like). Replace wrap.
- Flip over & remove top wrap and discard. Break up a wedge of the cheese spread, and line up on breast slightly off center. Add broccoli florets tops, in same area.
- Use the remaining piece of wrap to assist you in rolling the breast and forming it snugly.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, put on med heat.
- Once hot, add the stuffed breasts. Cover.
- Gently flip the breasts a few times, to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked through, remove breasts and set aside.
- Drop the garlic in the skillet, add a generous splashes of broth and fat free milk and increase the heat to med-high, to quickly reduce and cook garlic.
- Pour the sauce over breasts and serve.
adapted recipe submitted by CLynn (Sparkpeople.com) - more details here!