Basic Cordon Bleu
Photo by: YummyRecipes
- 3 pieces chicken breasts
- 4 to 6 pieces Swiss cheese slices
- 3 pieces ham slices
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups cooking oil
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Arrange each chicken breast slices inside a transparent plastic bag. Place the bag over a chopping board and then pound the chicken breast from the center going outward until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and lay flat on a plate or chopping board. Top the sliced chicken with a piece or two of ham and Swiss cheese. Roll the chicken breast from one end to the other. Use toothpicks to secure the rolled chicken breast. Do this procedure on the other chicken breasts that you have.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs in a bowl and then beat until somewhat fluffy. Set aside.
- Arrange the flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Place the Panko bread crumbs in a resealable container such as a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with cover.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour and then coat with egg. Put a piece on the container with breadcrumbs and shake until the chicken is fully coated with bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, fry the chicken breasts in low to medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Arrange the fried chicken cordon bleu breasts in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange in a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by heating a saucepan and pouring-in the cream of chicken soup, stir and add the water and sour cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice. Stir and turn the heat off.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken cordon bleu. Serve.
from YummyRecipes - more here!