Bacon Jalapeno Chicken and Cream Sauce
Love when a great plan comes together!
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 5 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 pieces thick cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
FOR THE JALAPENO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Wrap 2 pieces of uncooked bacon around each chicken breast, and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add chicken. Cook 5 minutes per side until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender add: cream, milk, jalapeños, garlic, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and pulse on high until combined.
- Pour into same skillet and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add in parmesan cheese, and stir until melted and combined.
- Add the bacon wrapped chicken breast back to the skillet and garnish with cilantro and fresh cut jalapeños if desired. Serve warm.
note - you can also bake at 400 and check after 20 minutes or so.
Great way to make sure the bacon doesn't fall off your sandwich :)