Bacon and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
The Honey Mustard sauce is where it's at!!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 oz bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cheese, grated
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a skillet, cook bacon until desired doneness. Remove the bacon from the skillet.
- Using the same skillet, cook mushrooms in the bacon grease. Saute until browned, season to taste. Remove from pan, set aside to cool.
- Lightly cut a pocket in the center of the chicken breast. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Open and stuff chicken with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Close and secure pocket of chicken with a toothpick.
- Over med/high heat, add 1 tsp oil to the same skillet. Once hot, add the chicken.
- Saute chicken 4-5 minutes per side until fully cooked, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Add remaining bacon and mushrooms to the skillet. Drizzle sauce over everything. Cover skillet with foil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until tops of cheese are crispy.
Great way to make sure the bacon doesn't fall off your sandwich :)