Cheesy Meat Loaf
Photo by: FullBellies.Blogspot.com
By FAR the best meatloaf I've ever tried
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines or bread crumbs if you don't have the saltines around
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, sausage, turkey or a mix)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- cheese (any kind, I used Swiss cheese slices and some shredded colby & monterey jack)
- some ketchup for the top
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together meats, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.
- Don't over mix, just mix with your hands until everything is combined well.
- Split meat mixture in half.
- Place half in the pan. Layer with the cheese slices and the shredded cheese.
- Top with second half of the meat mixture, then go around the edges and make sure you seal the meatloaf to keep the cheese inside.
- Pour more ketchup over the top and then bake for about 60 minutes or until meat is done.
from FullBellies - Full instructions with photos here!