Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Just makes my day better!
- 2 pounds ground beef, (15% to 20%)
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, except for the cheese and bacon. Stir until evenly combined. Divide the meat mixture in half.
- Take one half and shape it into a long loaf, on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten it out a bit. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, along the top.
- Take the remaining meat mixture and shape it into a loaf, placing it on top of the cheese. Seal the edges and form the meatloaf into a large loaf.
- Lay the bacon slices on top of the meatloaf, tucking the ends underneath the loaf. Bake for 50 minutes. (Could also WEAVE IT if you like - instructions here!)
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool. Slice and enjoy!
from GooooodRecipes - more here!