- Combine the meats, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning. Divide in half.
- Form one half into a loaf and place it in a treated casserole dish.
- Place sliced cheese on top, leaving an inch border all the way around on the outside.
- Put the other half of the meat on top of the cheese, and press down on the edges to seal.
- Drape bacon over top of the meatloaf, overlapping slightly, and tuck the ends underneath.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 90 minutes or until you get an internal reading of 160 degrees F.
- Let the meatloaf rest a few minutes before slicing.
- The rule of thumb is to cook meatloaf 30 minutes for every pound of meat.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s fully cooked
From GoodRecipes - more here!!