Bacon Burger Tater Tot Casserole
You'll get that diet handled on Monday :)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 24 oz frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
MYFRIDGEFOOD APP FOR ANDROID (iPhone coming soon) Click HERE!!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Crumble the ground beef well.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Add the bacon bits, mayo, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pan.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Dump the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Place the tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the casserole for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese and bacon bits on top.
- Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking until the cheese on top is completely melted and just starting to brown. 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to sit for a few minutes before scooping and serving.