Better For You Cookies
Photo by: GoodRecipes
Use Bananas instead of the bad stuff!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of pecans, Chocolate Chips, etc...
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using.
- Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.