Another Cinnamon Roll Cake
Photo by: MyBeautifulDisasters
Cinnamon Roll... cake... nothing more to say :)
For The Cake
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (minus 1 1/2 Tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (minus 1 1/2 Tablspoons)
3 Tablespoons corn starch
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
For The Swirl
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
For The Cake
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter, oil and sugar and beat on medium high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half of plain (or vanilla) yogurt to the mixer and combine. Next pour half of flour mixture into cake batter and beat until incorporated. Again, repeat steps and add the remaining yogurt to batter followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Lastly, add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
For the Swirl
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and flour until well mixed.
- Spray one bundt pan with baking spray. Pour 1/3 of cake batter into bundt pan. Next drizzle half of the swirl mixture over batter and use a knife to create a swirl pattern. Repeat these steps, with first the cake batter then the swirl until all the cake batter is transferred to the bundt pan.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in bundt pan for 25 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool. Enjoy! Store leftovers in covered container.
submitted by MyBeautifulDisasterBlog.com - much more here!
Homemade syrup - butter and brown sugar is really all you need, the rest is for your taste buds :)