Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
If you've ever had Anderson's Split Pea Soup, you'll love this recipe!
- 1 lb. dried split peas (no need to soak peas first)
- 10 cups water
- 5 chicken bullion cubes (or 5 tsp chicken bullion granules)
- 1 finely diced small potato
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 lb. thin sliced and finely diced smoked sausage of your choice (or cooked ham thin sliced and finely diced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 or 5 hours. (Or on low for 8 to 10 hours)
- Stir occasionally.
- Makes 8 servings
**NOTE: The finer you dice the vegetables the better the flavors will blend during cooking.**
Yummy potato soup. Low fat and great for college students to make a big batch of and freeze.