Photo by: TheCookingofJoy
Easier than it looks, homemade chips
6 small corn tortillas
2 tablespoons corn or vegetable oil
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
A handful of shredded Monterey Jack
Chopped green onion and/or cilantro
For the Chips
- Stack the tortillas and cut into wedges.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high.
- Cook the tortilla wedges in batches, flipping them over until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and lightly salt.
- Once all the tortillas are fried, transfer most of the oil to another pan (in which you will fry the egg).
For the Rest
- Add the salsa to first pan and heat on medium low.
- Toss in the fried tortilla wedges until they are well coated.
- While the chilaquiles is cooking, fry an egg in the other pan.
- Once the egg is almost done, top the chilaquiles with the shredded cheese and chopped onions and/or cilantro.
- Slide the fried egg on top and serve with chopped avocado.
- If you're not a fan of runny egg yolks and prefer scrambled eggs, you can also beat the egg first and mix it in with the fried tortilla wedges when they are cooking in the salsa.
submitted by TheCookingOfJoy - more details here!
Breakfast Burritos - Simple Formula