Apple Donut Holes
Photo by: FreshlyPhotographed
Covered in Cinnamon too :)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple, grated (1 large Gala apple or 2 small Gala apples)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Cut in the butter until it's well incorporated and the mixture is coarse.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk and set aside.
- Peel and grate 2 small apples (or 1 large apple) to yield about ½ cup. Add to egg mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour the wet apple mixture into the dry mixture and stir. The muffin batter will be thick. Add another tablespoon of milk if it appears too thick.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls into prepared muffin tin (lightly sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Brush melted butter onto muffins and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
submitted by Robin at FreshlyPhotographed.com - full details here!
Muffin Style - Easier to Clean, Serve, and Eat :)