Baked Italian Sub Pizza
Technically a pizza... maybe lol
1 - 12" french bread type sub roll
4 TBS. reduced fat Italian dressing
8 thin slices of tomato
4 thin slices of hard salami, cut into strips
4 oz. of thin sliced deli ham, chopped
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced mild banana peppers
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. For ease of clean up, cover a baking sheet with some foil.
- Split the 12" roll in half and lay halves on prepared baking sheet with cut side up.
- Spread each half with 1 TBS of the Italian dressing.
- Top each half with 4 tomato slices.
- Top the tomato slices on each half with half the salami and half the ham.
- Divide the black olives between each half. Top the meat with the sliced olives.
- Divide the sliced banana peppers between each half. Top the meat and olives with the banana pepper slices.
- Top each half with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1 TBS of the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle each half with some dried basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut each pizza into 4 pieces for a total of 8 pieces