Bacon and Onion Grilled Cheese
Photo by: KookMeNow
Basics... are the BEST
For the Onions
- Three large onions, sliced
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One half teaspoon salt
- Four tablespoons brown sugar
- Two tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the Sandwich
- 250g bacon, cooked until crisp
- 100g brie cheese, sliced
- 4-6 slices bread of your choice
- To make the caramelized onions, heat a large frying pan over medium heat then sauté the onions in the olive oil with the salt until soft and golden.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and allow to caramelize.
- Set aside.
- To make the sandwich, butter the bread on both sides then top with the onions, brie cheese and bacon.
- Grill in a hot pan/sandwich press until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve immediately! (Serving size is the 1/2 sandwich)
from CookMeNow - more here!
Great way to make sure the bacon doesn't fall off your sandwich :)