One Pot Southwest Pasta
Photo by: TheWholesomeDish.com
Less dishes is always better
- 1 13.5 oz. box of any Pasta you like (I used whole wheat rotini)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 15 oz. can Rotel canned tomatoes and chilies
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt (if the taco seasoning you use contains a lot of salt, you may want to reduce this)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fat-free chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend, plus more for topping (Optional)
- Add all but the last 2 ingredients (beans and cheese) to a large pot. Stir, cover, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. There should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot when it is done.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the black beans and cheese (optional). Let it rest for 5 minutes to warm the beans, melt the cheese, and absorb the excess liquid
submitted by TheWholesomeDish.com - more details here!
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
Sausage and Peppers. Excellent Sandwich, can also be eaten as an appetizer or side dish... or dessert! It's just that good :)