Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
This is the basic, throw in any spice you like :)
- 1 1/4 pounds minced chicken
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
Any red sauce you like
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the wrack near the top.
- Throw in all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix well.
- Make large balls with your hands, and arrange them on a foil sheet
- Grab the red (or Pizza) sauce and (in a bowl), mix 1 spoon of the sauce and 3 tsps olive oil.
- Use a brush to rub the mixture on the meatballs.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- When ready, take out from the oven and add some sauce to the meatballs.
- Slice the cheese and place a slice on each meatball.
- Turn heat on to highest, and insert the meatballs again for 3 to 5 mins for the cheese to toast.
- Pour the Red sauce into a pot/pan and heat up.
- Remove meatballs from oven and drop the heated sauce as the final touch before serving.