Simple Beef Chimichangas
Photo by: CookWorld
Simple and Delicous
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 medium size, flour tortillas
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- chopped lettuce, diced green onion, chopped tomatoes for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Brown ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon, and drain.
- Add in the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the seasonings and stir to combine well then pour in the tomato sauce and green chilies. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place about 1/2 cup filling just to the right of the center of the tortilla (easier, trust me), fold the outsides in and roll, place seam side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 15 minutes (do not turn over).
- Remove and top each with a little cheese and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over lettuce with your favorite toppings.
from Cookworld - more details here!
Veggie Spaghetti - Lower Carb and Delicious!!