Awesome Street Tacos
The MARINADE is the BEST!!
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 limes, juiced (if your limes aren't particularly juicy, add another one)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/4 C. oil (I used olive oil)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- several grinds of fresh black pepper
- 3/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro (about a large handful)
- chopped cilantro
- diced white onions (grilled onions would be yummy too!)
- lime wedges
- avocado slices
- pico de gallo
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
- Put steak and marinade in zip lock bag and let steak marinate for a few hours.
- Remove steak from marinade. Grill steak to desired doneness (preferably medium rare).
- Remove from grill and let steak rest a bit, then slice against grain into thin strips.
- Fill warmed corn tortillas (use two per taco) with some steak, top with additional cilantro, onions and squeeze of lime.