Slow Cooker Philly
Photo by: Recipes and Cooking
It'll go through the bag
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds beef round steak
- 2 green peppers, sliced thin
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 to 2 large loaves French bread, sliced into sandwich lengths or 6 to 8 hoagie buns
- Provolone cheese slices
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Cut meat into thin strips, place in slow cooker. Add green pepper, onion, stock, garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto toasted buns, top with cheese.
- You can then put the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake an additional few minutes to melt the cheese and toast the sandwich.
- You can also serve with sliced sauteed mushrooms on top
from Recipes and Cooking - more here!
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
Sausage and Peppers. Excellent Sandwich, can also be eaten as an appetizer or side dish... or dessert! It's just that good :)