Better and cheaper than the stands on the side of the road, great for tacos, burritos and whatever else you wanna add flavor to
- 3 lbs chuck roast remove as much fat as you can, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chiptoles in adobo sauce, chopped (or more to taste if you like more heat)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon dried Mexican oregano (or regular oregano if you can't find any)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is tender and falls apart easily when shredded with a fork.
- Using two forks, shred the beef into bite-sized pieces inside of the slow cooker.
- Toss the beef with the juices, then cover and let the barbacoa beef soak up the juices for an extra 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and use a pair of tongs or a slotted spoon to serve the barbacoa beef.
Great as tacos with lime tortillas cilantro salsa and avocados
best part it freezes well too for future use!!