Another Slow Cooker Philly
I know everyone has a version of these... this one's better!
- 4-5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can can condensed French onion soup 10.5 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beer (dark beer works best)
- 1 inch yellow onion sliced into 1/4" slices
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced 1 inch
- green bell pepper sliced into 1/4" slices
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Provolone Cheese (or Cheez Wiz... actually works)
- Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt and pepper (if you are sensitive to sodium, adjust to your taste or you can even leave the salt out altogether since you're adding broth and soup).
- Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high.
- Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the beef, the beef broth, the french onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, and the beer. Enjoy drinking the second half of that beer!
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add in the onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper in the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, toast your hoagie rolls with a bit of butter spread onto the cut sides.
- With a very sharp knife cut your beef against the grain.
- Add you cheese of choice, some of the meat and top with the cooked veggies.
- I like to have a bit of the liquid (with the fat skimmed off) on the side, but it is totally optional.
You've got beer and nothing else
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
Sausage and Peppers. Excellent Sandwich, can also be eaten as an appetizer or side dish... or dessert! It's just that good :)
Serve with Beer while you wait :) oh yea