Big Breakfast Bread Pudding
Photo by: FoodForAYear.com
It'll be gone quick!
- 1 loaf of bread, cubed (I used brioche, but you can use anything you like
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. milk (skim is fine)
- 9 eggs
- 2 c. + 1 c. (reserved) shredded cheese
- 1 c. freshly grated parm (or an additional cup of cheddar - or another type of your favorite cheese)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz light cream cheese, cubed
- 10 oz. browned breakfast sausage
- 5 strips of applewood smoked bacon, cooked till crisp and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray a 9"x13" extra deep baking dish and place about 1/2 to 2/3 of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Next, crack eggs into a largish mixing bowl, add cream, milk, salt a pepper, whisk until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the egg mixture over the bread cubes
- Lightly press the bread down to aid in absorption of the egg mixture.
- Top with cream cheese, breakfast sausage and bacon if desired.
- You can refrigerate this overnight at this point if you want.
- Top with remaining bread, pour reserved egg mixture over the bread and sprinkle remaining cheeses evenly over the top.
- Bake on middle rack for 45 - 55 minutes - or until the center is firm, cover the bread pudding with foil about halfway through the cooking time and then remove for the last 5 minutes or so. If you see the bread in top is getting dark at any point in the cooking process, loosely cover the dish with a foil tent until cooking is complete.
submitted by FoodForaYear.com - more details here!