Apple Pie Muffins
Photo by: LittleBitFunky.com
Great way to keep the portion control... under control lol
- 8 Cups of Apples (cut into small bits)
- 12 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2c of sugar
- 4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
You'll also need:
- 4 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 24 equal portions.
- Two boxes of Pillsbury pie crusts (four chilled NOT frozen crusts)
Makes 12 - 24 depending on the muffin pan you use
- Mix the Filling ingredients together in a bowl until fully coated
- Unroll the Pie Crusts and cut out small circles (mason jar lid worked great), save the scraps for the top
- Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust.
- I found that pinching the edge of the dough around the top edge of the tin and making a hammock of sorts worked really well.
- Gently fill the crusts with your apple mixture and push the crusts down the rest of the way.
- Fill until slightly "mounded"
- Place 1 "butter piece" on top of the filling in each muffin.
- Top each muffin with the leftover Pie scraps from earlier... some will be pretty, some you'll just love yourself lol.
- Brush the tops with Butter and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Keep an eye on them though, because they're small they can burn easily.
submitted by LittleBitFunky.com - full details and original recipe here!
Apple Rose Bites
cinnamon sugar apple slices rolled in strips of pie crust to creat a baked flower