Photo by: crybabies.blog
It just happens my children are learning about apples in school, not to mention love eating them. Here's a old fashioned recipe that my kids enjoy. It's a little sticky but very good. It's easy, and cheap to make!
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Spoon about one quarter cup of apple pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon; roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly;
- reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven (at 350) for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Homemade syrup - butter and brown sugar is really all you need, the rest is for your taste buds :)