More Fried Pickles
Just like the ones at the restaurant!!
- For the pickles:
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups dill pickles, drained and sliced
- For the Dip:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dip ingredients. Set aside.
- Place about 1 1/2” of vegetable oil in a wide pot and heat over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, Cajun seasoning, oregano, basil, pepper and salt.
- Depending on how big your pot is, you may have to fry the pickles in 2 batches. You don’t want the pickles to overlap when they’re frying, so make sure you have enough space.
- Coat the pickles with the flour mixture and shake off excess. Gently add the pickles to the oil, one at a time.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pickles with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Repeat with another batch, if necessary.
- Serve right away with dipping sauce.