Cheese and Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
Yep... exactly what it sounds like :)
- 3 — 8oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 3 wedges of Swiss Cheese (Slices work fine too)
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 6 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts. Slice the chicken breasts length wise into two equal sized cutlets. You should have 6 cutlets.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Mix Panko breadcrumbs, whole wheat bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a separate shallow dish and set aside.
- Open Cheese wedges and separate into 6 equal pieces. Spread one piece of Cheese onto chicken cutlet. Add the cooked broccoli on top of the cheese. Roll chicken cutlet as tight as possible. Secure with 1-2 toothpicks.
- Next, take the secured cutlet filled with cheese and broccoli and brush lightly with egg whites. Immediately, place chicken cutlet into bread crumb mixture to cover. Place secured chicken cutlet, seam-side down, onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps with other chicken cutlets. Spray chicken cutlets lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake chicken cutlets for 20-25 minutes until done.