Amazing Chicken and Rice Casserole
Such a great fridge cleaner!
- 6oz Rice (White, Wild, Brown, whatever)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (or any other meat)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 5 slices swiss cheese (from the deli; or use about 1 cup grated cheese, any kind you have)
- Cook your rice, or just using leftover rice.
- In skillet, melt butter and sautee onion and celery over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, spoon rice into large bowl. To the rice, add cream of mushroom soup, chicken, vegetables, cream, cooked onion and celery, and salt and pepper.
- Spread into a casserole dish. Top with cheese and whatever else you like.
- Cover with foil and warm thoroughly at 300 degrees for at least 30 minutes (and up to 60).