Cheesy Bacon Onion Beer Dip
You have about 5 minutes until it's GONE!!
- 6 Bacon strips cooked bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Sweet onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Beer, or White Wine
- 1 c Gruyere Cheese, shredded (Mozzarella works well too)
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- 1 French Baguette
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally about 8-10 minutes or until onions soften.
- Add brown sugar and continue to cook for 15-20 min or until onions are golden brown.
- Pour in beer or wine to deglaze, scraping sides and bottom of the pan. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked onions to a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture into a small 8-inch skillet or a 2-cup baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with a sliced up french baguette.