Krispy Kreme Kopy Kat
Photo by: ROT
The Glaze is what really does it
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 cups sifted flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cold water
side note - you can just use Crescent Roll Dough too if you don't have time for the homemade.
- Mix together ingredients for glaze.
- Melt butter in hot milk, add 1 tsp sugar and salt. Allow to cool.
- Beat in yeast, nutmeg, eggs, remaining sugar, and 3 cups flour. Add rest of flour (dough will be sticky).
- Knead for 5 minutes then allow to rise for 1-1 1/2 hours. Roll out dough, cut into shapes.
- Do not re-roll dough, then allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oil to 365° and fry 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Toss in the doughnut holes first, let those cook, and then proceed to cooking the donuts.
- Let them cool on a paper towel - helps get the glaze to stick.
- Dip in warm glaze.
from RecipeOfToday - more here!